A Few Ways to Enjoy the Bounty of Summer Fruit…
I absolutely LOVE Summer fruit! Cherries, blueberries, strawberries, apricots, nectarines, just to name a few, I could eat them as part of every meal – they are just so delicious.
Of course, they are beautiful enjoyed fresh but here are a few other ideas for how you can enjoy the bounty of these delectable summer fruits…
1. Make a berry sauce to enjoy with homemade muesli and natural yoghurt for a nourishing yet delicious breakfast.
Simply simmer 2 cups fresh berries, a dash of water, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 one vanilla pod for 10-15 minutes. Let the sauce cool before pouring it into a sealed container to store in the fridge. It also makes a beautiful healthy dessert served with yoghurt and toasted walnuts.
2. Slice nectarines or chop apricots to enjoy on top of Bircher muesli – try my recipe here
3. Use any form of berry to add colour and natural sweetness to chia pudding – try this recipe as a base
4. Make a nutritious creamy smoothie with berries and frozen banana – try one of my favourite recipes here
5. Make your own homemade ice cream!
Simply blend 1 frozen banana with 1/3 cup chopped frozen summer fruit with a few tablespoons of Greek yoghurt and a little water. Top with your favourite nuts & seeds.
6. Add sliced apricots or nectarines to a fresh salad made with leafy greens, golden halloumi or chunks of feta...
Try the recipe pictured below from Green Valley Kitchen for a peach and feta salad OR this recipe for a summer fruit and halloumi salad
7. Add halved fresh apricots to chicken kebabs for a delicious summer twist – these Honey Thyme Apricot Chicken Kebabs looks amazing!